A precious oil
Since it takes almost 40 kg of fruit and hours of work to produce 1 L of argan oil, it can easily be described as valuable … and expensive! If you want to get some, beware of imitations. The cosmetic argan oil is clear and virtually odorless. Food argan oil is a little darker and has a nutty aroma conferred by roasting.
Rich in essential omega-9 and omega-6 fatty acids, it also contains vitamin E, squalene, sterols and polyphenols. It is full of moisturizing, nourishing, antioxidant and regenerating qualities.
It seems that, in addition to the cosmetic benefits that it offers, argan oil has interesting properties for health such as the stabilization of hypercholesterolemia, a protection against cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
And if we linger longer on its cosmetic benefits, which are so many reasons not to do without!
• It preserves desiccation and skin aging by restoring the hydrolipidic film and nourishing the cellular tissue.
• It promotes the elasticity of the skin (face and body) and thus help prevent stretch marks.
• It tends to increase cell renewal.
• It relieves skin of skin irritations, helps treat them and reduces the marks they can leave (eg: acne, chicken pox, eczema).
• It is absorbed by the epidermis in just a few minutes.
• It strengthens the hair and gives it shine and softness, in addition to being a protection against the sun, chlorine and seawater.
• It strengthens the nails.
Oil or care?
There is more and more care with argan oil for the skin (face and body), hair and nails. These contain a certain percentage of this oil in order to make you benefit from its multiple properties. They are indeed an interesting option.
However, if you want to make the most of its benefits, 100% pure argan oil remains the # 1 choice. Here are some ways to use it:
For the skin.
• In local application on dry body areas, massage in circular motions to facilitate penetration of the oil.
• For the face, on clean skin, gently massage in small circles. Wait 15 minutes and remove the excess with a cotton puck. It is best to do this before going to bed. Argan oil is recommended for all skin types: dry, oily, mixed or even acne. A small amount is enough.
You can also use argan oil as a make-up remover. It is also an effective ally against water repellent mascara! In addition, for a skin divinely soft and well hydrated, you can put a few drops in the bath water.
• To strengthen fragile hair, spread the argan oil along the length of the hair and let rest for 20 to 30 minutes. To speed up the process, wrap the hair so oiled in a warm towel, finish with a shampoo and a good rinse.
• To protect the hair from the effects of summer, put a few drops of oil in the palm of your hand and smooth all over the hair. You can also pour a few drops into your shampoo, when you wash your hair.
• For vibrant color and healthy hair, add a few drops to the preparation of your dye.
For the nails.
• Once a week, for 15 to 20 minutes, soak your nails clean and unvarnished in a mixture of argan oil and lemon juice in equal parts.
***We by sourcing our star ingredient from a women’s cooperative in Morocco, providing sustaining employment for the women and amazing skin-boosting benefits for everyone.***